View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 2012 Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I tried thinking about this draft from a little different perspective last night and came up with this mock draft. I won't go into long drawn out explanations, we know who most of the players are already. I used Walter Football's 2012 Draft Consensus Rankings that takes into account the average position of players from the big boards of Walter Football, CBS, Mel Kiper, Scouts Inc. etc...

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012consensus.php

1. Nick Perry-OLB, Mario's replacement and forms a 3 man rotation at OLB with Reed and Barwin. Great speed and size for the position.
2. Brandon Thompson-DT/NT, works in a rotation with Cody for a year and then replaces him after next season when Cody becomes a salary cap casualty. Allows the Texans to move Earl Mitchell to his more natural position at 3-4 DE depth. This pick might require a little luck.
3. Brandon Mosley-OT, works in a rotation with Butler at RT and then replaces him after next season when Butler becomes a salary cap casualty. If Massie or Schwartz are available then they're the pick but that's doubtful.
4a. A.J. Jenkins-WR, I really like this guy. He's probably not a future #1 but he's got what it takes to be a very good #2. Great speed, good hands, good routes and can work in the slot or outside. This pick might require some luck as well.
4b. Audie Cole-ILB, Demeco's replacement. Fills the spot with great size and it's not a huge loss losing a 4th round pick when he rotates out on 3rd downs.
5. Tommy Streeter-WR, great potential to be a future #1 but will need a couple years to grow and learn from AJ.
6. Randy Bullock-K, fills the K position for the next 10-15 yrs. so that we're not having to overpay old veterans every year and look for replacements every year.
7. Brandon Bolden-RB, our new #3 RB who also catches the ball well as he was used in the passing game quite a bit compared to other RB's.

Going by walters board I came up with this.

26 Jerel Worthy DT
58 Shea McClellin LB
76 Greg Childs WR
99, Michael Egnew TE
121 Derek Wolfe DE
161 Ryan Broyles WR
195 Winston Guy Jr. S
233 J.R. Sweezy DE

There were no OL available that were close enough to the BPA to warrant picking them in each round. I know there are needs that didn't get help but thats just the way it falls sometimes. I would love this draft. Worthy and MCclellin start right off. Childs and Egnew should be able to contribute right away also. Broyles eventually replaces Jones. Winston Guy contributes on special teams right away. Wolfe and Sweezy become rotation guys making our front seven deep and talented.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote