View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012   #77
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Don't worry, people will come around once he starts blowing up offensive lines.

Last year I said Watt was perfect for this defense. This year Worthy is my guy! There is no other defensive player in this draft that fits this team better.

People were freaking out when we drafted Watt. I really believe Worthy can have the same kind of effect Watt had as a rookie. Some will say well he was inconsistent. I'm not worried about that at all. He was the only player on MSU's front seven that was any good, yet he was still able to dominate at times. He's got high football IQ, is a vocal leader and has an explosive first step. He is perfect for this defense.

Cody is a very serviceable but he does little in terms of creating problems for offensive lines. Put Worthy in between Watt and Smith and you now have 3 players that are capable of getting penetration against double teams on a regular basis. Think of all the problems that will create for offensive lines.
Yeah, if worthy is there I think I'd take him. I think he can be a dominant player on the NFL level. And I agree, I think he'd be special in our defense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote