View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 2012 Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Perry is more of a hand in the dirt, straight line edge rusher. Don't like him as a 3-4 OLB.

Thompson lacks stamina, gets tired to easily. rotational player.

Mosley could be selected later. He is a RT only developmental prospect.

Jenkins has slight build, but great hands & runs crsip routes. will need to get stronger, develop blocking.

Cole looks part, not sure he is starter material but good for LB depth.

Streeter is raw, developmental but excellent pick this late.

Bullock is starter day one.

More of a slasher than one cut downhill but has potential to make it next level. Not sure he fits here but still very solid late round value.

1. I read that Perry gained 20 lbs. for the Combine above his playing weight last season. This is a common practice by most DE's to show their scheme diversity, they want to show they can play 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE. Losing 10-20 lbs. gaining some speed and playing at OLB from a 2 point stance shouldn't be hard lots of players do it every year.

2. I agree Thompson looks tired at times but stamina will come from a NFL level strength and conditioning program and he'll be able to rotate with Cody his first year so that both of them stay fresh. I'm not asking him to play every down with no relief. All teams rotate their D-linemen.

3. I think all 3rd round picks are developmental players, not to many teams finding day one starters in the 3rd round. Mosley is a RT only but I don't think he can be had in the 4th. He's the next best RT prospect after Massie and Schwartz that are both expected to go in the 2nd round. Also he does need some development but all college prospects need development to achieve success at the pro level. He'd work in a rotation with Butler his first year. Remember Duane Brown, he rotated into the game his whole rookie year and we took him in the 1st round.

4. Jenkins is thin but so are most other WR's, not many WR's come out of college looking like AJ. Again an NFL level strength and conditioning program will put some muscle on him. The guy has the speed, great hands, and great routes, I'm just worried that he might not be available in the 4th as I think he could go as early as the late 2nd. I'm not sure why he's being overlooked by the prospect sites but we can only hope that other teams overlook him as well and he falls to us.

4b. I think Cole can be starter material and be a good effective 2 down ILB like Demeco. I'm not asking him to step up and be Brian Cushing, just an effective 2 down ILB who can also play OLB as well in a pinch. He started his college career as an OLB but was switched to ILB his senior year. He'll rotate out on passing downs like Demeco did.

5. Streeter is raw but I think we carry him on the roster and give him the chance to develop, he's got great potential. We can't put him on the practice squad because other teams can sign a guy from our practice squad, he'll never last on the PS.

7. I like Bolden because of his pass catching abilities and as #3 RB he'll be far cheaper than Ward and won't see the field alot. He's got good size for the position and good hands.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote