View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Lafayette wasn't a great game for him, but it was the first of the season, so I'm willing to let that go. He certainly wasn't at the top of his game, as you can see by watching just about every other game that year for comparison. I would say that was his worst game of the season.

@Tulsa, well the game started at midnight and finished at 3:30am. I dunno about you, but I'm willing to give him a pass on those two INTs. He still completed 74% of his 39 passes with 2 TDs. What more do you want?

Didn't you want to draft Weeden to be the QB to play right away in 2012?

If he wasn't ready to start against Lafawho, how do you expect him to start on day one in the NFL?

The same goes with the Tulsa game. He's what, 28-yr old? Shouldn't he be the one player that can be ready on the field for that game? Or was he too old and needed his sleep?
This is a defense that gave up 456 yards to Keenum and the Cougars (5 TDs, no INT as opposed to 2 INTs by Weeden). There were some more completions and a TD by the reserved QB.

Both teams ran a spread offense (OSU and UH).

Tulsa didn't have their starting QB Kine.
Weeden benefited from a return TD, two forced fumbles by the D, four INTs by the D, and a lot of good field positions.
He hardly saw any pressure, and yet missed wide open receivers and threw those two bad INTs.

Keenum received 2 INTs from the D (Weeden stil got a plus four advantage in turnover plus the return TD).
Keenum faced a ton of pressure and made an awful lot of plays under duress.
He didn't throw any inaccurate pass.

Here's the break down of Keenum's incompletions:

- 7 incompletions due to direct pressure (within 1-1/2 to 2 secs). All passes were still close to intended targets.
- One pass too "hot" for a receiver to handle.
- One drop.
- One QB scramble and throw away due to quick pressure.
- Another throw away due to quick pressure.
- Another incompletion was due to the failure to make adjustment by a receiver on a blitz (he stopped and Keenum got ready to throw to him, but he took off downfield even though he can see that the blitz was getting to Keenum).

And he was sacked twice due to very quick pressure.

Keenum completed several passes under pressure.
With 1:31 to go in the third, leading 20-16, this was what the analyst had to say about Keenum:
"He had to thow quickly because he's got a lot of quick pressures.
But he made a lot of good plays too.
Keenum did a great job finding where the pressure is coming from, and that was the big key.
The question now is will he have enough time to look down the field or will he (continue to) have to get the ball out of his hands quickly."

Keenum overcame all the pressures to make one play after another.
With Keenum, it doesn't matter if it was 3rd and 10, 3rd and 15, 3rd and 22, third and 25 or fourth and 15. He's dangerous just the same; the same thing can never be said about Weeden. Third and long and most usually you will see a punt, or an occasional INT.

The difference was night and day when you watch these two guys played against that common opponent (Tulsa).

What more do I want from Weeden?
I think you can find the answer from the above.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote