View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Before I respond to your post, Dutch, let's take a quick look at the Iowa St. game.
I haven't watched it before so I decided to watch it two nights ago.

Weeden was one of the main reasons for the loss, if not the biggest.

Weeden were 42-58 for 476 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

There were 20 pass thrown behind or at the LOS (swing passes, screen passes, shovel passes, etc...)
These types passes contribute in a major way in the spread offense, especially for Weeden (as opposed to Cousins and Wilson who ran versions of pro-style offense at Mich. St. and Wisconsin, respectively.)
The vast majority of them are completions, except for a rare drop by a receiver or RB.

Then there were quick outs, quick slants, check downs - passes that are 7 yards or shorter when the defenders played off the LOS.

Take these out of the equation, and his completion percentage is easily under 50%... and that's with Weeden having a lot more time than Cousins or Wilson or Keenum.

Both Wilson and Keenum were much more accurate than that, and Cousins was also quite better than Weeden. All 3 faced much more pressures than Weeden.

Both Weeden and Keenum ran the spread offense.
On the average, Keenum's passes left his hand at least a full second sooner than Weeden. That is a long long time.

With Weeden, there were a good amount of balls in the dirt or way off the mark for no reason at all.
Or Weeden would stare down a receiver leading to batted balls at the LOS or INTs.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote