View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 2012 Mock Draft 3.0

Taking a WR late is what I meant by a new perspective. I see a noticeable drop off from the top WR's to the 2nd tier of guys, and that 2nd tier of guys is huge. I'm thinking the value at WR will be gone by the #26 pick and there will be better value at OLB at #26 if Perry is available, a BPA situation. I also think getting those first 2 picks, Perry and Thompson, keeps our defense at the stellar level we achieved last year which is what put us in the playoffs. I don't want to lose that level of defense once we've achieved it. I think that 2nd tier of WR's goes from the 2nd thru the 4th rounds. Also that pick on AJ Jenkins is the 4th pick of the round so it's very high in the round. As for Streeter he's been sliding down some draft boards. I think he'll be looked at as a project player by most and will take a year or so to achieve greatness on the field. I also think that our drop off in play atWR last year that corresponded with the injuries to AJ were also attributable to lesser QB play by Schaub who didn't have a great year even when healthy. It's not all on the injuries to AJ. Getting them both back next season will put our WR level of play higher provided Schaub plays well again.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote