Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Just trying to look at the draft from a different prospective from the one thats been beaten to death for the last two months. Drafting a TE while maybe not an immediate huge need, could pay off big next year if cap problems continue like they have. And Fleener is good enough that he would make significant contributions this year IMO and could possibly be a major player for us in the near future. Add to that that this is a late first the risk is worth the potential reward.
No problem with that at all. I always like seeing mocks, the good, bad and the weird

Quote:
Rodriquez isn't your typical FB. He is more a Casey clone. Those types aren't as easy to find in FA. I don't care for having a thumper at FB. Having two really good TE's and two receiving threats out of the backfield will loosen defenses up enough for us in short yardage situations and it will keep Foster from having to take a beating in those situations.
Well, why do we need a Casey clone if we have Casey? We have Casey on the roster now, and he won't command much money as a free agent next year. I'm sure we can re-sign him, he's a Houston guy, went to Rice, has a family here. I think the Texans will have him as long as they want.

Quote:
As far as adding another pass rusher goes. I have a plan! Trade next years first and a late pick (say our 4th) with New England for one of their first this year and draft either Branch or McClellin.
No need to trade the 4th, the Pats would be happy with just a future first. They won't expect the Texans to make it too deep into the playoffs next year, so it will likely be considered a 20-28th pick. Could get #27 or 31 this year from them, like the Saints did when they traded their 2012 first for the 28th pick in the draft last year.