Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012   #55
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I agree. Drafting a FB is kind of a waste of a pick, especially with Casey on the roster and drafting a TE high. Swap out the 6th for a kicker and I think this would be a pretty good mock. I'm not too thrilled with the Fleener pick, but I can see the value in it. OD probably won't be here after this year, so we need a good pass catcher to replace him. Just need to teach him how to block well and he could be the #1 TE next year.
Just trying to look at the draft from a different prospective from the one thats been beaten to death for the last two months. Drafting a TE while maybe not an immediate huge need, could pay off big next year if cap problems continue like they have. And Fleener is good enough that he would make significant contributions this year IMO and could possibly be a major player for us in the near future. Add to that that this is a late first the risk is worth the potential reward.

Rodriquez isn't your typical FB. He is more a Casey clone. Those types aren't as easy to find in FA. I don't care for having a thumper at FB. Having two really good TE's and two receiving threats out of the backfield will loosen defenses up enough for us in short yardage situations and it will keep Foster from having to take a beating in those situations.

As far as adding another pass rusher goes. I have a plan! Trade next years first and a late pick (say our 4th) with New England for one of their first this year and draft either Branch or McClellin.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote