Thread: My mock
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
A players measureables are not transparent. Could be the most gifted athlete in the draft but if can't process the game with intelligence all the talent in the world won't help him, in other words Andre Branch will look lost in translation.
I guess you came to this conclusion following your intense interview process with him huh?

Quote:
His best bet is to play in a 4-3 as DE with his hand in the dirt & simplify his game plan as much as possible to take advantage of his god given talents. I really want to like this guy but his head's just not on straight. If typifies the type of talent @ North Carolina that led to multiple NCAA infractions. He doesn't fit in a Texans uniform plain and simple.
He didn't go to North Carolina! And there are lots of scouts out there that think his best position will be OLB in a 3/4. On top of that weak OLB in our 3/4 may be the easiest position on the team to learn.

Quote:
Drafting players is not just about comparing a players measureable profile, its about what drives them, how they respond in specific situations & process concepts intellectually as well as the physical tool set to impact the game.
Which is determined in personal meetings with each individual player and information that we as draftnicks are for the most part not privy to. Occasionally when a player is really not all there upstairs it will become public knowledge. I have read nor heard anything to the contrary concerning Branch.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote