Thread: My mock
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I don't see why Phillips wouldn't like Branch. He supposedly had Aldon Smith as his number one choice in the first round last year. Guess which one of these is Branch and which is Smith.
A players measureables are not transparent. Could be the most gifted athlete in the draft but if can't process the game with intelligence all the talent in the world won't help him, in other words Andre Branch will look lost in translation. His best bet is to play in a 4-3 as DE with his hand in the dirt & simplify his game plan as much as possible to take advantage of his god given talents. I really want to like this guy but his head's just not on straight. If typifies the type of talent @ North Carolina that led to multiple NCAA infractions. He doesn't fit in a Texans uniform plain and simple.

Drafting players is not just about comparing a players measureable profile, its about what drives them, how they respond in specific situations & process concepts intellectually as well as the physical tool set to impact the game.

I've stated I like "My Mock" & provided positive feedback so rarazz00 can make his adjustment or not depending on who or what drives him.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote