View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
With regard to Cousins, the couple games I watched of his were against Ohio State (Buckeye fan), Nebraska, Wisconsin B10 champ game and the bowl game against Georgia. None one of those gave me much interest in drafting him before the 4th. Lots of WTF moments in all of those games. I think he has the tools to be successful, I just don't think it will be 2012, and that's the basis of the assumptions that leads to Weeden. I'm looking for a 2012 starting QB, not 2013/14/15 guy.
It just so happened that you pick out 4 of the worst games Cousins had (against 4 good to very good defenses).

As a comparison, you could check out Weeden's games against: La Lafayette, UT, Okl, Tulsa, Ks St for example.

On top of that, the Spartans offense is much much closer to what the Texans run than what Weeden runs at Okl. St.

I'm not sold on Cousins either, but I think he's as ready as Weeden now (but fits the scheme better) and also has better potential than Weeden in the long run.

If I run the Texans, I would take Keenum and Wilson (who ran another similar offense to the Texans) in the lower rounds (as compared to Cousins and Weeden). Both of these small guys played better under pressure.
If one of them gets hurt, I still have the other.
I will have to carry 4 QBs or I can put Wilson on the PS.

I have been concentrating mostly on QBs and WRs so I had watched a lot of these guys' games (including Osweiler, Tannehill, Foles, Moore, all the top prospects that are scheduled to appear on Jon Gruden's QB camp.)

Wilson is the only one that I haven't seen in more than 7 games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote