View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2012 final mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
thanks, man. Yes we do seem to differ quite a bit on Martin but that's alright it would be a boring world if everyone agreed all the time

I see Mike as an undersized, quick as snot, run defender who's pesky style & hand to hand combat like wrestling skills serve him well. First he has a thick trunk, low built & close to ground build which helps him out leverage & get under blockers pads, thus winning most "in the phone booth" battles. Second, 64 tackles from interior linemen means he is pretty dang active in run support. 6 tackles for loss indicates he does get some penetration along with his 3.5 sacks Senior year, 10 sacks for his career @ Michigan. Third is his work ethic & non-stop motor which we see typifies a Wade Phillip defense.

In summary to find better & more immediate interior help it would require Texans to spend a higher pick. Which I have no problem with. But for the money & value as a third round pick ready to rotate inside as a rookie in the NFL I think he is a bargain here.
Excellent write-up.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote