View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I agree with Cousins at the Texans spot in the 2nd or at the latest early in the third (even though I think some team will reach and draft him before that.)

I disagree about the passing defense of the Big 10 vs the Big 12.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Intern...0000827TD.HTML
The big 10 had 2 teams in the top 5, 5 more teams in the top 20 (for a total of 7), 2 more in the top 50, then Purdue at 53, Iowa at 58, and NWstern at 71.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Intern...0025354TD.HTML
The only team in the Big 12 ranked in the top 40 was UT at 42.

I've seen plenty of bonehead plays from both Weeden and Tannehill.
Weeden, being close to 30, would never find a place on my draft board with that skill set. Sorry, but that's just how I would approach if I were to build a team. I would not draft Weeden before the fourth round, especially when I knew I could have had Dalton in the third last year (as a comparison). I would have drafted Dalton and have nothing to do with Weeden, actually.
I know this is something we won't agree on, but a couple things I'll put out there. Big 12 had 10 teams last year, Big 10 had 12. More teams makes it more likely to have more teams ranked highly. Also, the Big 12 passes a lot more, so their pass defense is more likely to be ranked lower on the whole. Just for comparison, the Big 12 had 4554 pass attempts last year, the Big 10 had only 4201, despite having more teams. More passes = more passing stats, so it deflates their pass defense numbers. Anyways, I just think the level of competition and talent from top to bottom is higher in the Big 12 than the Big 10.

With regard to Cousins, the couple games I watched of his were against Ohio State (Buckeye fan), Nebraska, Wisconsin B10 champ game and the bowl game against Georgia. None one of those gave me much interest in drafting him before the 4th. Lots of WTF moments in all of those games. I think he has the tools to be successful, I just don't think it will be 2012, and that's the basis of the assumptions that leads to Weeden. I'm looking for a 2012 starting QB, not 2013/14/15 guy.