View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2012 final mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
so what in your opinion was Jacoby Jones or is it no big deal?
Jacoby was drafted before the middle of the third.
None of us knew much about him at the time.

As a third rounder, you expect a serviceable 2nd receiver, which he was.

The fact that I was probably the first one who raised concern about his small hands at his first TC (and his lack of focus from time to time in the years following) aside, Jacoby wasn't a bad deal, except the coaches also wanted to see him as a playmaker in special team. He gave them some, he took away some. I was among those who would rather not have him on special team despite the fact that he can give us some good return.

Personally, I had no clue as to how Jacoby would fare as a NFL prospect because I had no tape on him, so I didn't have an opinion on him as a prospect.
I only had an opinion on how the coaches wanted more value and tried to get more out of something that wasn't quite there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote