View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Out of that list, I would take Cousins.
He has all the tools and played pretty well under pressure.
(The same cannot be said for the others.)

He needs to improve on all aspects, but I think once it's all said and done, Cousins is the most likely to become a starter in the NFL. JMO, of course.
Well, here's a Youtube video of Cousins plays in the bowl this year:
http://youtu.be/owBOdv4BITA

He did take a lot of snaps under center, which is good for transition to the NFL, but I just think of him a lot like Tannehill. He makes some good plays here and there, but my god are there a lot of boneheaded INTs or almost INTs. I just don't see that many mental mistakes from Weeden, so that's why I think he's more NFL ready. Also, I think the Big 12 competition was much more difficult than the Big 10. Cousins certainly has potential, and if I were gonna mock him I would say he's a late 2nd or early 3rd pick for the Texans. Could certainly put him at the 2nd round pick spot in my mock and sub in Jerel Worthy DT as the 1st round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmDWJW0wmVI

That was Page's freshman tapes.
How did he run a 4.61 and 4.51-4.55 at some of the work-outs I read about?
His game speed looks faster than that.
He ran better at his pro day, which is where the 4.5 times come from. His combine numbers were pretty good across the board, though his 4.61 40 time didn't look too good given this year's speedster crop. He's a 7th round pick in this mock though, so I wouldn't expect too much from him. I just like him as a slot guy as opposed to spending a 3-4 pick on guys like Ryan Broyles, Joe Adams and Jarius Wright. He's a great value that late, but may go in the 6th come draft time.