View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's Mock Draft v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Kudos on the work you put into this. Obviously you are going to get destroyed for drafting a QB. But working under the assumption that Schaub is out, its understandable. And obviously you like the big 12 conference!

I like the next 3 picks alot. I put Robinson and Schwartz in my mock too.

Only knock I have is that you drafted 2 defensive players. Would like to see a late round DB.
Thanks! I didn't really think about the conferences drafted, but yeah it's a bit Big 12 heavy. Mizzou still counts as Big 12 this year.

Anyone is welcome to criticize the picks, I know I have criticized others. I don't mind, but I do think that the Texans are in win-now mode and need a QB to do that. If Schaub won't be ready week 1, or even week 8, then we need a plan. I think Yates could be that guy, but we also have no one behind him right now, so Weeden makes a lot of sense. He's capable of starting ahead of Yates as well, and I don't think there are any other QBs we could get that can do that this year. Foles, Osweiller, Cousins, etc will all take more time to develop than Weeden.

I realize it's d-light, but honestly we don't have many holes on defense. I expect our secondary to remain in tact, and that Kjax can start as a #2 CB this year. We have lots of guys at CB that can take 25% of Kjax's snaps if necessary, like Harris, Carmichael or maybe McMannis. Quin and Manning are gonna be the starting safeties, so I don't see a reason to draft one this year. Keo and Demps are there for depth. We just need front 7 guys in this draft, the secondary depth will be addressed with UDFAs in this plan.