Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012   #45
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Not in the red zone.
Link?

Maybe if we had better recievers we wouldnt be forced to rely on a second tier tight end anywhere on the field.

Quote:
And OD our starting TE 54 receptions 677 yards and a whopping 3 td's And on top of that will be 30 this year, has a huge contract and has missed 13 games in the last 3 years.Thats 3 games shy of an entire season.
Andre Johnson has missed 12 games in the last 2 years, has a huge contract, and will 31 this year.

Quote:
we can reach for a WR in the first round instead just because you hate J Jones for dropping a punt right!
I did not suggest reaching for any position or mention Jacoby's facemask punt returning skills. If im interupreting you correctly now your arrguing:

A. we should draft a tightend in the first round
B. Jacoby Jones / Kevin Walter are good

Thats just fruity.

Quote:
Matt Schaub was on pace to throw for over 4000 yards with the same WR's you think HAVE TO BE REPLACED!
Schaub was on pace to throw for 3966 yard which would be his lowest career total with the Texans since 2008. Thats 400 yards less then 2010 and 800 yards less then 2009. So is Schaub on the decline or our recieving core? Its cheaper to replace a couple of recievers then a quarterback.

Quote:
The only stat of Dreesons I brought up was that he led the team in TD receptions to show that the backup TE is an important piece in our red zone offense.
So your arrgument here is that a back up tightend who's not on the field as much as a starting reciever scored more Td's then that reciever...hence...he's more important then the recievers and we should ignore their lack of playmaking?

Quote:
Are you sure? because your entire argument seems to be centered around the WR position. In fact I haven't seen you specifically mention a single other position period other than WR in this thread.
If were going to draft an offensive weapon in the first round it should be a reciever who actually threatens the safetys. If we draft a linebacker, cornerback, or linemen I see the merit of the selection assuming they are the best player available. Your focus has been an offensive weapon which I can agree with. I dont agree that it should be a tight end.

Quote:
I just want good value for the pick.
So do I which is why i'm opposed to your opinion. I dont think Fleener will be the best player on the board and you have made no mention of Casey whom I think will get some time on occasion at the second TE spot.

Quote:
I call this Maddenidus! And you have a severe case of it my friend.
So should I get antibiotics?

Quote:
whether or not its a need is not open for debate.
No debate here.