View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012   #180
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Like I said earlier in this thread, the $250 price tag on auth jerseys is going to keep the Asian knock-off people in business for a good while.

Looking around Reliant and just watching NFL games on TV I am seeing more Asian knock off jerseys than real licensed jerseys (both replica and authentics combined). Personally I don't get it. The NFL could sell auth jerseys for around $80 and those flimsy replicas for around $30 and still make a huge profit. I would think most serious fans would opt to spend $80 maybe even $100 for a real NFL jersey over spending say $30 for an Asian knock off. However at $250 probably 80% or more will keep buying the auth knock off. Bottom line is if the NFL lowered their prices they would probably make a lot more money.

Personally, if I spend $250 for a football jersey I would probably have to shell out thousands more for divorce proceedings.
Part of me wants to get those knock offs because they're so dang cheap, but the other part of me refuses because they look awful. I just can't get past those thick, shiny numbers.