Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
We run even more 2 WR sets
Not in the red zone.

Quote:
Joel Dreessen: 28 receptions 353 yards and a whopping 6 td's
And OD our starting TE 54 receptions 677 yards and a whopping 3 td's[/quote] And on top of that will be 30 this year, has a huge contract and has missed 13 games in the last 3 years. Thats 3 games shy of an entire season. But hey getting a top flight TE that can be a huge weapon immediately and take over for OD either when he goes down with an injury this year or when we cut him next year is stupid when we can reach for a WR in the first round instead just because you hate J Jones for dropping a punt right!

Quote:
I guess that kinda production just can be replaced without using a first round pick? But lets not overlook the production of our recievers...
Sure it can. For the last time I have never said different. This is you putting words in my mouth because either because you are too lazy to read the whole thread or you have a reading problem.

Quote:
Kevin Walter 39 receptions 474 yards 3 td's
Jacoby Jones 31 receptions 512 yards 2 td's
Matt Schaub was on pace to throw for over 4000 yards with the same WR's you think HAVE TO BE REPLACED!

Quote:
I was an appologist for a long time with Walter and always hoped for the best with Jones. But it is what it is and its time to upgrade. Peculiar how you chose to pimp Dreessen's stats without mentioning how bad the recievers played.
The only stat of Dreesons I brought up was that he led the team in TD receptions to show that the backup TE is an important piece in our red zone offense.

Quote:
I never suggested any such thing. I'd be happy with us drafting multiple other positions in the first.
Are you sure? because your entire argument seems to be centered around the WR position. In fact I haven't seen you specifically mention a single other position period other than WR in this thread.

Quote:
See above. If anything i'm infatuated with improving the team as fast as possible. Our draft picks are more valuable then ever now given our cap situation. Im infatuated with not squandering our resources on players we dont need. We have other more pressing needs. Hope your not to "short sighted" to see that.
No you are not! You hate Jones because of one play and have your heart set on drafting his replacement with our first round pick. Admit it! YOu see it sucks when someone puts words in your mouth doesn't it?

As I have said repeatedly in this thread, we have many holes on this team and and several positions that have depleted depth. Several that are in worse shape than WR. I don't care what position we draft in the first round or any round for that matter. I just want good value for the pick. I did this mock to spur some new discussion other than drafting a WR in the first round. If you don't want to hear or talk about another position besides WR in the first round feel free to look at 99.9% of the other mocks out there.

There are 4 players that I would be ecstatic with with our first round pick. And it has nothing to do with what position they play. Fleener, Worthy, Decastro and Floyd. Thats four different positions. Thats 4 players that will IMO improve the team and be great value at 26. Other than those 4 I would prefer to trade down.

Your problem is you can't look past a players position and see what he is capable of bringing to the team. I call this Maddenidus! And you have a severe case of it my friend.

Quote:
You dont handle criticizm very well do you? It's just a mock. You dont have to threaten it...just dont reply
I think it is you that has the problem with criticism. Obviously you took the "short sighted " comment to heart. Let me explain once AGAIN that I don't think you are short sighted because you don't want a TE in the first round. I think it would be short sighted to get UPSET if we did draft a TE when it is obviously a need. I'll debate with you how big a need TE is but whether or not its a need is not open for debate.

Last edited by mussop; 04-04-2012 at 11:21 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote