View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012   #19
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ourlads/Dan Shonka Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'd take Worthy.

Not sure why he doesn't get more love around here. Our front seven would be awesome with him causing havoc in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Me either! Some here say he doesn't fit th 3/4. They are right except for the fact that we don't run a traditional 3/4. We run a one gap penetrating style which is Worthys best attribute. Him and Thompson are the two best one penetrating DT's in this draft. Either one would be an upgrade over Cody. Having a DT that can actually get penetration up the middle would be huge for this defense.
My problem with Worthy is that he seems inconsistent. One series he will be all over the backfield, the next he will completely dispensary. I haven't seen a ton of tape, but one thing that worries me he seemed to give up easily. He'd make an initial move to get into the backfield. If he got there, success. If not, he pretty much shut it down and tried the next play. That's not the way this Texans D plays. This Texans D plays relentlessly until the whistle rather than giving up on plays. We saw many sacks last year from Watt, Reed, Barwin, and Cush that didn't come from the first move, but the forth or fifth.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote