View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ourlads/Dan Shonka Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Keep in mind even the best pre-draft mock score is only around 75% accurate. Still by this time with only three weeks or so boards across internet become more aligned. There is a group of players or directions Texans could choose come draft day depending on who actually is available & what if any offers come calling.

Per Dan Shonka I would advise changing his Texan pick to Hightower. In my own mock as well as others (post Texans trading DeMeco Ryans) ILB Dont'a Hightower makes most sense he would be a plug & play fit
When Meco was traded, a lot of people around here wanted us to go ILB with the first pick. I maintained that ILB would not be a great choice in the first round becuase of the way Wade called his defense. More often than not on 3rd down, Wade pulled an ILB and had an extra DB on the field along with 3 DL and 3 LBs(Cush in the middle and 2 pass rushers around him).

I went back to look at Hightower and I have to admit I have changed my tune on him. If he was strictly a ILB, I wouldn't want him, but he brings one other key element to the table: pass rushing. He can rush the passer up the middle or from the OLB spot. This makes him an ultra versatile pick. He can be a pass rusher or can be used as an OLB. Combine him with Barwin, Reed, Nading, and Htown now has a solid passrushing group.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote