Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Fleener, although I think Fleener will be an excellent player in the NFL and I agree with the notion of taking a player 1 yr. ahead of when they're needed so they can learn before they replace the expensive FA, I just don't think TE is our biggest need or the position that should be chosen at this time. Also taking Fleener in the 1st is the same as saying we screwed up picking Graham 2 yrs. ago. I hate to admit this, God forgive me, but I'm actually warming up to the idea of Fleener in the 1st round as long as he makes OD expendable this year not next.
Graham was a fourth round pick. It happens! The guy hardly seen the field in two years. One catch! TE may not be our biggest need but it is a need. You can't go into the draft saying position a is our biggest need so we have to spend our first round pick on it. You have to take the combination BPA that fills a need and generally you want your first two picks to start. You want your 3rd round pick to start year two and your expectations should lessen by round after that.
Again I'M NOT SAYING WE SHOULD DRAFT FLEENER!!!!! Just saying TE is a need and if he is the best player available then there is nothing wrong with it.
2. Schwartz, I'd prefer Bobby Massie in the 2nd round but he'll probably be gone by our late 2nd round pick and I think Schwartz is a good 2nd choice. Good pick.
I was about to start watching some Massie tape. Haven't had the chance yet. I love what I have seen from Schwartz. I think he could come in and start inside for us pretty quick.
3. Martin, I have reservations about Martin, not sure why just a feeling. I'd swap Martin and Childs and these picks would make more sense.
4a. Childs, I like Childs but think he goes in the 3rd, swap Martin and Childs picks and they make more sense.
I considered this too.
4b. Wolfe, I really like the player, a poor mans JJ Watt, but don't think he'll be available this late probably goes in the 3rd.
5. Cole, again I really like the player and think he'd be excellent on the Texans roster but I think he goes earlier, probably in the late 3rd or early 4th.
I like Cole too but just don't see him going before the 5th round for some reason.
6. Rodriguez, I don't know anything about the player but I think we can fill FB with an UDFA.
Read up on him and try and watch some highlights or film of him if you have it. I think you will be surprised how much like Casey his game is. Just not the athlete!
7. Sweezy, I really like the player but I see him as a 3-4 DE for us and the Martin pick frees up Mitchell to move to DE along with the Wolfe pick and now Sweezy, that's to many 3-4 DE's in one draft. I also think Sweezy goes earlier, probably in the 5th or 6th.
Remember Smith is 30 and has a big contract. I would like to see us have a rotation of front 3 guys that would allow Watt and Smith to stay fresh for the Superbowl run. It has worked for the Giants.
If our draft were to fall like this, I'd be very happy. I just think you have to many players going at least 1 round late and to many DE's.
The more I look at the 2012 draft the more I think we need to do everything possible to get as many 2nd round picks as we can, that's where the value in this draft is.
I agree with this 100 percent. As long as my top four favorites are gone.
David DeCastro OG Stanford Jr 6-5 316 1
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame Sr 6-3 220 1
Coby Fleener TE Stanford Sr 6-6 247 1
Jerel Worthy DE/DT Michigan St Jr 6-2 308 1
I would consider staying for any of these guys but could be talked out it for the right price.
Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama Jr 6-2 265 1
Kendall Wright WR Baylor Sr 5-10 196 1
Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin Sr 6-4 314 2
Shea McClellin OLB Boise State Sr 6-3 260 2