Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Can't believe i'm doing this................

YOU SAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I'd be on a rampage if we drafted a TE in the first round. Hate that pick.
THEN I SAID

That would be short sighted for reasons I stated above.

THEN YOU SAID

Quote:
According to mussop we're shortsighted if we dont believe the Texans have to use a first round pick to replace him.
I DID NOT SAY

It would be short sighted not to draft a TE in the first round.

The reasons I stated above were. It plays into Schaubs strengths, OD is a likely cap casualty next year, He has an injury history, we run a lot of 2 TE sets, Dreeson TE #2 led the team last year in TD receptions and the only backup currently on the roster has had one catch the last two years. Those are legitamate reasons why it should not be a reason to freak out if we were to draft a TE in the first round. Specifically Fleener who as I stated is as close as you can get to a can't miss prospect IMO.

Like it or not thats your prerogative. I don't have a problem with your opinion. If you don't agree with a TE in the first more power to you! I just think it's short sighted to get UPSET if we were to draft one in the first round.

How ever having said all that, I also said

The panicky WR responses that are rampant around here is why I did this mock. Just wanted to hit it from another angle than gotta have a WR and an OLB with the first two picks approach that you see here so much.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone thinks we are locked into any one position as our first round pick. It's flat out silly!!!!

NOW WE ARE HERE!

Quote:
If you dont want an opinion dont post a mock draft. I expressed my reasons why Tight end in the first would be a waste. I dont see the practicality in it when we have far more pressing needs. Those needs are at more important positions with less depth.

Your infatuated with a player. It happens to everyone every draft.

I think the problem here is not that I am infatuated with a player but that you're infatuated with drafting a WR.

YOUR REASONING

Quote:
I dont doubt for a second we will draft a TE ,but to suggest its a priority need with all the other holes on this roster is short sighted. We have plenty of people whom can attack the defense horizontially on short crossing routes etc. What we dont have is anyone other then AJ who threatens deep (be it by speed or after the catch ability.)

I stand by my statement. If we draft a TE in the first i'll go ballistic.
I'm sorry but explain this to me again???? Are you saying we shouldn't draft a TE in the first because we have to draft a WR thats a deep threat? I'm sorry but if that is your reasoning then there is no reason to continue this conversaition.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote