Thread: Mussops mock
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussops mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Kubiaks not going to say this but his actions speak for themselves.
  • Owen Daniels, 4th rd. 2006
  • Anthony Hill, 4th rd. 2009
  • James Casey, 5th rd. 2009
  • Garrett Graham, 4th rd. 2010
  • Dorian Dickerson, 7th rd. 2010
  • Joel Dreessen, 6th rd. (Jets) 2005 acquired by Texans 2006 as a FA

This notion Texans cannot replace Joel a good teammate & person, well, is laughable
I never said that the Texans can't replace Joel.

Dorin Dickerson was drafted as a WR.

That out of the way, OD was the first TE Kubiak drafted. He worked out, so there really hasn't been a need to draft a guy high. Dreesen came a long and played well and the need to draft a TE high lessened even more.

Kubiak has been on the job for less than a decade. I don't think you can say that he's against drafting TE's high based on the other needs we've had/OD and Dreesen being pretty good...

We've never taken a WR in the first round either...We've never taken a guard in the first round...We'd never taken a RB anywhere close to the 2nd round...We'd never taken an O-lineman anywhere near the first round until we took Duane...

We've never spent a high draft pick on a QB in the draft...

Kubiak had never hired a proven d-coordinator like Wade...

What does all that mean?

Nothing.

There is a first time for everything.

My point is that if a player is more talented than everyone on the board and/or you feel you can utilize that player to be a supreme differnce maker in your system then you have to consider drafting them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote