View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Mayock on 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
OK in a span of a week, Mike Mayock takes McClellin from the #5 to the #2 OLB in the draft. Then states that after watching "more tape" he likes McClellin more. My question: What were you basing your original rankings off of? How do we know whether you've watched equal amounts of tape on all of the OLB prospects?

To me, it seems disingenuous. I firmly believe that Mayock (like Mel Kiper) gathers information on prospects from NFL contacts, and re-packages the information as his own. Sure, Mayock complies the lists and makes decisions on which information to trust. But that's not what he's selling.
I think I know which scout he has been getting his information from.

quote "I'm thinking Shea McClellin could go in the first. The more I watch of him the more I like him. At worst he should go early second."
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote