View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK's It's-Been-A-While-Mock

1- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
5' 10-1/4", 196 lbs., 4.44-40, 6.94 3-cone

Playmaker from anywhere on the field, explosive speed and agile enough to shake defenders picking up yards after catch. Catches the ball naturally with his hands. A dynamic threat to open up and give a spark to the offense, a legit option opposite AJ, with speed to push secondaries farther away from Foster and reliability/flexibility to be a safety blanket for Schaub, keeping him upright. Must pick up blocking to completely overtake Walter but he's a spark plug this offense is needing.

2- Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
6'5-1/2", 311 lbs., 10-5/8" hands, 5.16-40, 30 BP, 7.45 3-cone

Big man, TE convert with plus athleticism, hard working pass protector with lots of potential. Good blocker's disposition. Will push Butler and overtake his spot by year's end when he gets a feel for the zone runs. I feel this a small reach but necessary to get the OT I covet AND get help somewhere else in the 3rd.

3- Travis Lewis, ILB, Oklahoma
6' 1-3/8", 246 lbs., 4.77-40, 26 BP, 10' broad jump

Athletic and instinctive with decent coverage skills, gap shooting ability and good tackling. Needs to improve shedding blocks but a solid player to stick inside.

4a- Lucas Nix, OG, Pittsburgh
6'5'' 318 lbs.

Brisiel v.2

4b- Jonathan Massaquoi, DE/OLB, Troy
6' 2-1/8" 264 lbs., 10-1/2" hands, 4.76-40

Athletic with long arms and burst off the snap but needs time to develop game, develop strength and develop a better attitude. Flyer on an athlete.

5- DeQuan Menzie, DB, Alabama

Quin v.2

To be honest I don't really know why this guy is rated so low. Speed maybe, he really is a DB without a true position, I guess that's a negative but I see it as a way to get more creative with packages/coverages.

6- Emil Igwenagu, H-back/FB, Massachusetts

Flyer on an athlete who could serve several purposes on this offense. Small school but lots of potential catching the ball out of the backfield.

7- Vaughn Meatoga, DT, Hawaii

I think the difference between him and Mike Martin is that Martin played at Michigan, Meatoga played in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Oh and about 4 rounds lol...

I think this is a better mock. I've picked apart about every possibility in the 1st and none of them seem like hits. Wright would probably have to fall by a few picks to make it to the Texans but I'm sick of living in reality! Here's to dreaming for once.
I think I hit the big needs AND addressed depth appropriately this time. Again, WHAT SAY YOU?!?!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote