View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #71
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I know highlight reels aren't the best way to evaluate, but these were entertaining to watch while looking at Schaub's throws and AJ's ability to go get the ball. The second video does show two end zone catches by AJ that appear to be fade routes. I think these two are capable of doing it, it just doesn't happen that much for whatever reason.

Matt Schaub Houston Texans Highlights

Top 100 Players of 2011 - Andre Johnson (#7)
I don't think Schaub has the gun that is needed to consistently throw the ball on a line.

I think that's why a lot of his long passes hang and I think that is why he struggles to throw in the redzone when windows get tighter. And then when he does try to gun his throws in sometimes he ends up throwing them at the receivers feet.

I like Schaub a lot, but he has his warts. I just can't imagine Kubiak not taking advantage of something so potent as a fade route if he thought that we could execute it consistently.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote