View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #67
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
While great the jump ball isn't AJ's game.
Do you think that because he is incapable of doing it, or that Kubiak doesn't use that play? I think it's the latter of the two, as I have seen him get jump balls all over the field, though they weren't intended to be that way all the time.

Quote:
This could be one of the holes in Garys playcalling/game management. But I really dont think any of the Texans WR's are good at the fade route. JJ would probably be the best, but Gary doesn't trust him. (Do you blame him, LOL)

I dont blame Gary for this hole in his playbook. Unless you want to blame him for not adding adding a WR that's good at running the fade. This is what BL's mock adds to the team.

Like I said in another post, I'm not that sold on Quick and I really cant tell you why. I just think there are better options out there. Maybe it's because of the JJ failed small school experiment.
I think AJ is capable of doing it, but I don't know that Schaub is capable of consistently making that throw because I never see him attempt it. Although, I see Schaub make a lot of similar throws, which is what leads me to think it's a Kubiak thing.

The Quick comparison was due to someone mentioning that Quick would be a great red zone target. I'm just commenting that we don't really use AJ as a red zone target, so I don't see why getting Quick would make an impact in that regard.