View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #64
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really think it's Kubiak. Schaub's at his best when he's putting touch on the ball and dropping it in on a WR downfield. I couldn't believe that he's unable to make that pass of 10-20 yards with accuracy. We have seen guys like Manning, Sanchez and even Orlovsky do this to the Texans. Those 1 on 1 matchups on the outside when inside the 10 yardline should be where AJ makes a lot of his TDs, but he just doesn't get the call very much. The Texans certainly use him like that between the 20's on longer routes, but not near the goal line. I have always thought this was a glaring hole in Kubiak's playbook.
While great the jump ball isn't AJ's game.

This could be one of the holes in Garys playcalling/game management. But I really dont think any of the Texans WR's are good at the fade route. JJ would probably be the best, but Gary doesn't trust him. (Do you blame him, LOL)

I dont blame Gary for this hole in his playbook. Unless you want to blame him for not adding adding a WR that's good at running the fade. This is what BL's mock adds to the team.

Like I said in another post, I'm not that sold on Quick and I really cant tell you why. I just think there are better options out there. Maybe it's because of the JJ failed small school experiment.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote