View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #4
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Bloggers mock draft, April 2 2012 (round 1 only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Peter Konz (Center) went two spots later to the Packers at #28.

Kendall Wright went to the 49ers at #30.

That's two players I think the Texans would take ahead of Randle if Knoz or Wright were available at #26 for us. I just don't know much about Reuben Randle...yeah, he comes from a traditional "vertical passing attack" system at LSU, but 6' 2" and 210 is NOT the beast WR I think he's being made out to be.

Thoughts?
Randle would be solid for a long time to come. I don't think he would be a starter right away, but put him at #2 behind A.J. for a while and they will get good production out of him. We won't find the next Andre Johnson this deep in the draft, but we can certainly upgrade the other gaggle of wide receivers.

I don't know much on Konz though, the only way I see the Texans taking him is if they know he can play both center and guard.

EDIT: I went in to look at Randle's scouting report, and automatically found this as a red flag in the Kubiak system.

Quote:
Inconsistent effort as a blocker. Has the size and enough strength to wall defenders off if he gets into position and works at it. More physical as a route runner than he is as a blocker. Competitive when the ball is in his hands.
If Kubiak and the bunch can get him to block, he might just be the best option for us.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote