View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012   #62
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really think it's Kubiak. Schaub's at his best when he's putting touch on the ball and dropping it in on a WR downfield. I couldn't believe that he's unable to make that pass of 10-20 yards with accuracy. We have seen guys like Manning, Sanchez and even Orlovsky do this to the Texans. Those 1 on 1 matchups on the outside when inside the 10 yardline should be where AJ makes a lot of his TDs, but he just doesn't get the call very much. The Texans certainly use him like that between the 20's on longer routes, but not near the goal line. I have always thought this was a glaring hole in Kubiak's playbook.
I think it's more Schaub than Kubiak.

Schaub has not been a very good Red Zone passer.

As a matter of fact, before we got Arian we were always talking about how well we moved the ball in between the 20's but couldn't punch it into the EZ.

Arian is MR. Redzone. Schaub isn't and really never has been.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote