View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012   #53
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
BL - I think Hightower is going to be a really good player but I kinda questioned the Texans drafting him. Now that things have settled a bit... I am totally on board with him at #26.

Barwin - Hightower - Cushing - Reed

That is a sick sick LB group. I see him as a starting ILB next to Cushing and being the 3rd OLB in the rotation. I love the way he rushes inside. He reminds me of the players we've got on defense: He's a hard-worker and when everybody is getting tired he picks the intensity up and pushes through it. That's Watt and Cushing in a nutshell.

He can start at ILB; he can rest in dime packages; he can rotate with Barwin/Reed/Cushing when they get tired or knicked up; we can keep everyone fresh and have LB's going 100%.... one hundred percent of the time.

From a value standpoint, I think it's great. Perfect spot to select him if he's there AND he kills two birds with one stone. Suddenly our LB depth looks good with one selection. Sharpton the backup MLB and Braman the 4th OLB.

Nothing earth shattering but just a nice little snippet about Hightower. I like the 40 seconds or so starting at 2:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7No36...eature=related

Addition: If anybody has to replace Demeco... why not another smart leader from Alabama?!
With Jason Allen no longer on Texan roster #30 is available which just so happens to be Hightower's number

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote