Thread: Bl Top 32
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012   #48
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bl Top 32

Happy April Fools Day,

I've seen Poe mocked to Carolina more than a couple times because why? elite size, movement & runs a fast forty, but show me the tape. He made some money @ the combine for sure, remember a lot of us took pause when thinking Texans had a shot. But this isn't football it's just a workout. Sure Brockers didn't run a fast forty (5.36 but improved to 5.15 @ his Pro-Day) however scouts don't really care about forty times for linemen they only care about how explosive they are out of the blocks, in the first 10 yards. Brockers is only a redshirt sophomore so naturally he does have development & potential ahead of him but already has the body 6-6, 316 lbs & 35" arms plus game film to warrant a Top 10 pick, at least in my book. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxk88nb4zhQ

Now on to game tape. Somebody want to tell me playing for Memphiss = playing for LSU, in the SEC? He is a fluid athlete w/LB experience before he grew too big & this happened recently, so yes he is still growing into his body looking a little awkward at times affecting his measureables. Brockers could also appeal to 4-3 teams who need a 3 tech. I would rate Still over him here but fact he is scheme diverse adds to his value. I've watched him dominate SEC linemen all year, he rarely get beaten even when double teamed (from Alabama). Has trunks for legs, creating powerful leverage he is able to move blockers off his path along with arm length (which hurts his bench numbers not accurately reflecting true strength). Uses LB instincts to flush out plays, flashing uncanny ability to diagnose screens and draw plays for a DT.

My own personal take. I'm sick of the offensive player getting all the hype & media spotlight. I'm more apt in my own rankings to grade the defensive prospect a little higher than most, because defense wins championships. LSU did not win the National Championship this year but they lost to a team who had an even better defense. Still it's OK to overdraft a QB or LT instead of someone inside the trenches doing the dirty work because every team needs them, well I could say same thing about great defensive linemen too. Yes, I have Brockers rated higher than most because of potential but this could apply to every NFL prospect who have yet to lace a shoe on Sundays. He is not maxed out, is a dominant inside player, has a nasty attitude & love for the game. Maybe he's not the next Richard Seymour but he has that type of potential & why I've graded him as high as I did.

Thanks for the feedback. It gives me the opportunity to address your concerns, ideas, then add my response. I find these tweet things actually quite funny but add little value to me, unless of course someone can resurrect Joel Buchsbaum, hand him a Cell then read what he Tweet's

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote