Thread: New Mock
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Mock

New Mock:

I'm going to trade all the way out of the first round to the top middle of the second (maybe Wright or Stephen Hill fall to us and someone wants to trade up and pick them)

I'll pick up a 2nd, 3rd, and a 5th

2) Alshon Jeffrey, WR

I really like Alshon as a prospect. I don't kno if he will last to this position, but if he does I'd take him here in a heartbeat. If he is not here there are quite a few other prospects that are attractive in this range. He has super star potential. The guy is just a beast.

2) Shea McClellin, OLB

I watched some more of this guy and read some more scouting reports. I have said that he wasn't my favorite OLB prospect, and he's still not....BUT I like him more than I previously did and I agree with something I read on the boards by another poster (can't remember who said it)...He'd be a perfect fit with this group of guys.

3) Mike Martin, NT

I really like how this guy plays in the trenches. Add his game film to his measureables and I thnk he'd be a steal right here. He wouldn't need to be a star, but I think he could come in and make some plays for us and hold down the middle. I think he's versatile enough to hold the point, track down runs and penetrate in the passing game.

3) James Brown, OG

I admit that I don't know a lot about him other than what I've read. Fairly raw, but a really good athlete. Maybe he can be a future starter for us, maybe he can push Caldwell and make him better this coming season. Either way he seems like he'd benefit this football team.

4) Nate Potter, OT

More O-line depth. Again, I don't know if Potter lasts this long but if he does I think he'd be a good fit for what we want out of our O-line. Big tall rangy kid with good athleticism.

4) Chris Rainey, RB, WR, ST

I like his versatility. I think he could do what Casey does except as a 3rd RB/WR rather than FB/TE...Plus he has returner skills. If Jacoby makes it to the regular season he needs to be off punt return duties.

5) Janzen Jackson, S

I like this guys game. Some character concerns and less than impressive measureables at workouts is why he falls. I think he's a better player than Shilo Keo and I'd like them to compete for a roster spot.

5) Asa Jackson, CB

I like Asa Jackson as a CB actually, but he also has return skills. I think he's a better prospect than Sherrick is. And he'd also add more speed to the DB's. He's a tough kid, not afraid of contact and has pretty good ball skills. He will push the back end of CB roster.

6) Randy Bullock, K

We need a kicker and he's a pretty good one.

7) Chad Diehl, FB

I think this guy would be a valuable asset to our team. He is a true punisher and a true bruiser, but he's still athletic enough. I really like atching this guy play as he seems to be the type of player that enjoys a good old collision headache. My type of guy.

I didn't draft and ILB. I know that is a must get spot for a lot of people, but I figure we can re-sign Dobbins for cheap. Sharpton should be ready for the season, and I actually like Mister Alexander a lot. I look for Mister Alexaner to eventually get regular playing time. But basically, for a position that won't see a whole lot of tick, I like what we have/the possibility of filling that role with bargain FA's...

Last edited by Rey; 03-30-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote