View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ 3/27 2-Round Mock

I understand that people want to improve the WR position. I even love Kendall Wright but there are other positions that literally have no reliable depth and it's not like our passing game has sucked for the last few years. Hell in 2010 we were number one in yards. Last year we were doing well before Schaub went down.

I know there is no superstar other than Johnson but do you really think adding a rookie WR (other than Floyd or Blackman) is going to be more benificial to our team than adding depth on the OL. What about TE? We only have 2 on the roster and one of them will be 30 next year, has an injury history and a huge contract. The other one has had one catch in two years. We run a lot of 2 TE sets.

WR
A. Johnson
K. Walter
J. Jones
L. Jean
J. Iglesias
J. Maehl
T. Holliday

TE
O. Daniels
G. Graham

What about Inside Linebacker? After Cushing who on that list would you like to see get significant playing time?

B. Cushing
D. Sharpton Coming off a season ending injury.
D. Smith Who???
M. Alexander No way!

Hell look at our depth at Offensive Tackle
D. Newton 7th rounder?
A. Gardner ooh!!!!

And Offensive Guard

T. Austin

And Defensive End

T. Jamison
R. Harris

Nose Tackle
E. Mitchell Really??

Now look at Outside Linebacker

C. Barwin
B. Reed
Played as well as you could ask them to. Both are solid starters and won't come off the field much.

B. Braman
J. Nading

Not household names but I would take them and their limited snaps to date over any of the depth at nearly any other position.

I'm not trying to make it look like WR and OLB are perfect but neither position is as bad as what many many here are trying to make it out to be. There is no way we are going into this draft thinking we have to draft a WR and an OLB with our first two picks. Only message board drafters do that.

I think a lot of people here are going to be really disappointed after the draft.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote