View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB and the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
no doubt ILB 1st OLB 2nd but it's a luxury to have quality back-up just in case.

depends doesn't it on down & distance? 50% is a little under-rated more like about 75% with 25% rest & recuperation.

DeMeco came off the field as much because he was physically unable, the stronger he got towards end of season less he came out. Had a lot to do with a number of issues.

Pittsburgh also covets a OT & it is a bigger hole to fill.
It may be a bigger hole to fill but what OT's will be on the board at their pick (#24)? They may not have any of them graded as high as Hightower. Also, it doesn't look like a very deep draft for ILBers and after Hightower there will be a drop off with only Kendricks, Johnson, and Cole to really choose from. And , there's no one with Hightower's size and ability. As for OT's, they can find someone to fill that hole in later rounds.

Don't get me wrong, if Hightower is there, I think they'd be crazy not to take him, but I just don't think he will be there.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote