View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB and the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I actually like Hightower at ILB more than OLB but I have a problem with him on the Texans roster at both positions. First at OLB he'd be depth behind Reed and wouldn't get much playing time. I don't see the Texans picking a depth player in the 1st round who will only see a couple series per game to spell Reed for a breather. At ILB I think he'd be in the same situation as Demeco was, a good player who comes off the field every time we go into nickle or dime formations and thus is only on the field in about 50% of the defensive snaps. I don't think the Texans want to spend a 1st round pick on creating the same problem they just traded away. Since the ILB player will come off the field so often in this pass happy league, then I think they'll use a 3rd or 4th round pick. I also don't think Hightower makes it past Pittsburgh in the 1st round, they're drooling over him.
no doubt ILB 1st OLB 2nd but it's a luxury to have quality back-up just in case.

depends doesn't it on down & distance? 50% is a little under-rated more like about 75% with 25% rest & recuperation.

DeMeco came off the field as much because he was physically unable, the stronger he got towards end of season less he came out. Had a lot to do with a number of issues.

Pittsburgh also covets a OT & it is a bigger hole to fill.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote