View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The more I look at 3-4 OLB in this draft, the less I like the position. I don't see any top flight pass rushers in this group. No Orakpos or Aldon Smiths. The pass rusher with the most potential is Irvin. But he is raw with all sorts of red flags. The Texans already have an Irvin type player in Braman.

I like Ronnell Lewis as a football player, but he is limited as strictly a speed rusher and may be too small to play every down in the 3-4 base. I wouldn't want the Texans to take an OLB in the first 2 days of this draft. In the 4th round, there should still be guys available that are worth taking a chance on.
I agree with all of that. Though I really like the potential of a few guys like Irvin and Lewis.

I like the specialized skills they bring. Irvin would give us great speed rushing the passer and Lewis would bring a toughness.

Plus they have the potential to blossom outside of their specialty areas.

But you are right, both would be somewhat of risks in their own way.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote