View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012   #18
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3783 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: my first mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good to see another mocker on the board. No criticisms just some thoughts:

Alshon brings to many "what if ?s for me. Do you give this guy millions of dollars and then say hope you keep the fat off? You sort of expect linemen to have weight issues but not "elite" WRs. I'm with you on 2&3 and both will be on my mock probably.

Would encourage you to re-think drafting a center so high. Myers has never missed a start and a 4th round pick will not help you any more than a 6-7. Use your 4a for a good OG/OT combo. Check out TBob Hebert (yeah son of you know who) from LSU who will be there in 7th and who has played OG and C many games. He will probably never replace Myers but is definitely a cheap fill in. Next season you draft the Myers replacement.

Great work on your first effort and hope to see you here with the long time mockers!
Thanks! I might have drafted center a bit high but I think Molk can play RG and help replace Briesel. I didn't like what i saw from Caldwell last year and we haven't seen much of Shelly Smith. Also, if Myers gets injured this season i would feel a lot better having Molk switch back to center rather than having Thomas Austin play. Ill check out Hebert, he comes from a football family which is good.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote