View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oldie but Newbie Texans Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like Perry the player but I don't think OLB is our biggest priority. Whoever gets picked at OLB is going to be in a rotation with Reed and only play at most half the defensive snaps. I also like Ta'amu the player but not for us. We run a one gap 3-4 system that puts pressure on the QB and he's more the traditional 2 gap brick wall NT. I like 3 and both 4's, 6 and 7, but I'm not looking for a QB in this draft. We just picked up Yates last year and have other holes to fill. I also question if Molk or Bullock will be available in the 6th and 7th rounds, both could go at least one round earlier.
One of those "holes to fill" is QB. We cut Leinart and only have 2 QB's on our roster now. After last season's issues with losing 2 QB's you can bet the Texans will draft at least a late round developmental player. It may be someone they put on the PS out of camp, but they have to have more than 2 QB's. They will probably also pick up a cheap FA or 2 just for arms during camp.

As for Molk, he's projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round and Bullock probably won't last past the 6th.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote