View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB and the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The more I look at 3-4 OLB in this draft, the less I like the position. I don't see any top flight pass rushers in this group. No Orakpos or Aldon Smiths. The pass rusher with the most potential is Irvin. But he is raw with all sorts of red flags. The Texans already have an Irvin type player in Braman.

I like Ronnell Lewis as a football player, but he is limited as strictly a speed rusher and may be too small to play every down in the 3-4 base. I wouldn't want the Texans to take an OLB in the first 2 days of this draft. In the 4th round, there should still be guys available that are worth taking a chance on.
I agree with this. Overall I think the 2012 draft is a poor one in terms of pass rushers be it 3-4 or 4-3, it's just not a good year. Any OLB we take will be a depth player so I agree, no OLB depth until the third day of the draft, probably the 4th round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote