View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012   #12
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB and the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This is why Hightower would be a smart pick. Starting ILB then if something happens to either Brooks or Barwin he could move to OLB & Sharpton could take over inside. Not to mention multiple looks with different blitz packages especially inside as well outside. With the money paid to these players with cap constraints its a good idea to have the versatility to cover a multitude of positions, the more you can play the more valueable you are to your team.
I actually like Hightower at ILB more than OLB but I have a problem with him on the Texans roster at both positions. First at OLB he'd be depth behind Reed and wouldn't get much playing time. I don't see the Texans picking a depth player in the 1st round who will only see a couple series per game to spell Reed for a breather. At ILB I think he'd be in the same situation as Demeco was, a good player who comes off the field every time we go into nickle or dime formations and thus is only on the field in about 50% of the defensive snaps. I don't think the Texans want to spend a 1st round pick on creating the same problem they just traded away. Since the ILB player will come off the field so often in this pass happy league, then I think they'll use a 3rd or 4th round pick. I also don't think Hightower makes it past Pittsburgh in the 1st round, they're drooling over him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote