View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: my first mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
Yeah i understand, but to me, all the wr's after Blackmon and Floyd are risky picks. I do not like Hill at all and don't think he has what it takes to become a NFL wr. He is more of a track star than a football athlete and just barely had as much receptions as the texans draft pick. Randell hasn't produced at the college level like Jeffrey so who knows how he will turn out. there are weaknesses and strengths of all the wide receivers but i think Jeffery has the highest chance of being great and is less risky than Hill. This is what his coach said about him:

He’s a very good, intelligent football player. Obviously he’s very big – 6’4", 230 pounds – and he actually runs better than you’d think he would. He just has a knack for receiving the football, a natural ability to catch the ball the way he does. He has very strong hands. He’s kind of quiet, doesn’t say much, doesn’t have a lot of expression, but he’s sharper than he gets credit for, he really is. He’s a neat young man, I haven’t coached many like him, I really haven’t, just a very talented, hard-working kid.

He has the talent to be great in the NFL and has actually produced in college unlike a lot of the receivers that are being considered for the texans 1st round pick. Even though he might have some problems separating from cornerbacks in the NFL, he uses his body very well to box out defenders. He also has an amazing vertical so he can out leap cornerbacks. Our offense doesn't require a speedy fast receiver and i believe that he can definitely get more separation than Walter and be more of a threat because of his athleticism.

As for Burflict, I think that Wade, Herring and Cushing can calm him down and teach him to not be over aggressive. He has all the athletic ability, he just needs proper coaching. The veterans in the Texans locker room (AJ, Schaub, Cushing, Smith) can teach him how to be a professional and stay out of trouble. Another player that can play ILB instead of Burflict is J.K. Schaffer from Cincinnati. He's supposed to be drafted in the mid to late rounds and was the the emotional leader and player maker of the cincinnati defense.
The coach say what it takes to get his players into NFL so he can use that to recruit better players for his future team. I usually don't put much into a coach's comments.