View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #119
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Fify.

Bill Parcells is no threat to taking Payton's job. Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden and Spagnuolo that are. Payton just needs a guy who can keep the seat warm for him, and Parcells is perfect for that. He's well respected, knows the system, and is too old to do this long term. Excellent move by the brilliant Mr. Payton.
'eh, I honestly do not think Benson has any intention of losing Sean Payton. He's a savior of sorts in that town, and this story barely event dents the goodwill he has built up in the fanbase.

I've got about a dozen friends who are Saints fans, and none of them think ill of Payton. Almost all entertain a conspiracy by the league against New Orleans, in spite of the regular visits to their city by the Super Bowl.

I think if Benson wanted Cowher, Gruden, etc., he would take this opportunity to fire Payton and hire one of them. What we are seeing is the exact opposite. They are handing the reigns of the franchise to a soon-to-be exiled head coach.