View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #117
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If this had been with the Texans, no way in hell would McNair be letting Sean Payton go anywhere near this decision-making territory. Benson has balls, or is ignorant of public sentiment/scrutiny, or both. My bet is on "both."
Why would Bob McNair even want Sean Payton go anywhere near this decision-making territory?

To be honest, man, I think there is a little wink/wink at owners meetings about this stuff. I really do not think owners are as indignant about these kinds of things as the public assumes.

Yeah, the commish has to put the hammer down, but only due to public relations and 'protecting the shield' and all that jazz. The reality is that bounty programs have been in the NFL for a long time, and it is only somewhat recent that politically correctness has permeated the marketing of the sport to a wider audience.

Payton is picking his replacement coach because his owner and front office want him to pick his replacement coach. Occam's razor.