View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #115
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you always make things soap opera quality....er, kudos to that?

I donno, Payton is generally not seen as an evildooer nor does anyone think that he was the driving force behind all this stuff but was punished for covering it up mostly. I don't think Payton taints anything and why wouldn't you want to bring in a guy who taught Payton much of the system he runs himself? That would likely give you a better shot at staying competitive than otherwise. When I read your stuff sometimes I think it comes across as something Boss Hogg and his sidekick Rosco P. Coltrane would post.

I find that reading your posts in Boss Hogg voice helps.
Awww, that's so nice of you to say that to me. Very becoming of a respected member of a board whose policy is to not name-call and deride a poster. Way to go, Vinny! Keep up the good fight.

Based on your posts, I'm not sure that you see the value in what people perceive anyways. So I can see why my posts are puzzling to you. (That's my little way of getting a "dig" in on you since you want to play that way. Isn't this fun?!? LOL).

Back to the topic: Perception is reality. Period. For better or for worse, the Texans have made it their goal to place their product into the minds of the public as being (a) Wholesome, (b) Quality-driven in terms of basic fan happiness, and (c) Committed to doing right things no matter the situation, i.e. Respecting a guy like Mario by not signing any of our other FAs while he was out getting his Mega Deal with the Bills.

If I am Joe Football Fan and I see that the guy who is suspended for a year, Payton, is choosing his successor for the year...I scratch my head and wonder why the owner isn't making that decision since the original HC, Payton, screwed up so badly in the first place and isn't supposed to be making football decisions...though Goodell is allowing him to since Payton will appeal the verdict.

It's as if Payton is wagging the dog there in Nawlins. That's my perception. Dude effed up and the owner needs to take over and be the man of his household...rather than letting Payton be a visible leader right now.

I always wanted to be Luke Duke, btw. So you really crushed my spirit, Vinny.