View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #113
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Payton comes from the Parcells system so I'd bet Bill Parcells wouldn't have to come in and learn the language...Benson doesn't have that kind of a connection to Parcells. I'm sure Payton asked Benson if he could talk to his friend about being an interim and I'd bet he said go for it. I don't see how that is so weird.
It's weird in the sense that as an owner in Benson's position, a compromised position to say the least, the owner needs to be wayyyyyy out in front of this deal and not allowing his suspended head coach to be getting the air time he's getting. Especially in the sense of him picking his guy to replace him.

Standard P.R. practice, well....except for the Saints.

If this had been with the Texans, no way in hell would McNair be letting Sean Payton go anywhere near this decision-making territory. Benson has balls, or is ignorant of public sentiment/scrutiny, or both. My bet is on "both."