View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #108
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Payton suspended one year.

Did I miss something? Did Sean Payton become the owner of the Saints sometime in the past year or two? How is it that SEAN PAYTON, not the owner, is having conversations with Bill Parcells about coaching the Saints in Payton's absence??????

From the article in the previous post:

Quote:
It is uncertain whether Payton has discussed Parcells' candidacy as an interim head coach with Saints owner Tom Benson or general manager Mickey Loomis, who was handed an eight-game suspension.
LOL. I guess since he's still technically the Saints' head coach, Sean Payton can pick his interim HC?

If I were Tom Benson, I'd have me and my front office (with Loomis and Payton uninvolved, btw) picking the interim HC. I would distance myself from Sean Payton. The last thing you want is your HC for 2012 on the sideline of games and the announcers/telecast commentators saying "There's _______, the interim head coach who was selected by Sean Payton to coach this season."

Sometimes I wonder if any of these teams even have a Public Relations department.