View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Texans Mock Draft post FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
First, Hightower measured 6'2" at the combine with 32" arms. Not a good candidate for 3-4 OLB (though there are OLBs who fit that profile). Second, no NFL team will try to teach a rookie 2 different positions. There's just not enough reps to get him ready. So if Hightower is drafted by the Texans, it's likely to be an ILB. And I just don't see them taking an ILB in the 1st round.
I think what BL is saying is he's going to take over at ILB for DeMeco, but instead of coming off the field as much as DeMeco did on 3rd downs and Nickel situations he would be that 3rd pass rushing LB along with Barwin and Reed. He has the skills to do so.

I'm actually warming to the idea of Hightower although I don't see ILB as a huge need. I'm more than comfortable with Sharpton starting and drafting a mid-round guy for depth.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote