First time doing one of these so go easy please
1. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina- This guy can play football. great hands and catches everything that is thrown at him. He can also make crazy circus catches and uses his size and strength to overpower cornerbacks. He could become a solid #2 receiver and take over the #1 spot when Andre is gone. He had a great 2010 season and was arguably the best wide receiver then and one of the only reason he wasn't as productive last year was because he lost his QB and star RB so defenses targeted him.
2. Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma- You can never have enough pass rushers. Lewis has an explosive first step and an excellent motor. Uses a combination of speed and power to get past the defender and also does not give up on a play. Hasn't produced as much as i would of like in college but has the potential to be a stud. He can challenge Reed for the other OLB spot and potentially replace Barwin if we somehow don't resign him next year.
3. Josh Chapman NT Alabama- anchor of a great defense last year and played despite a ACL injury. He is tough, strong at the point of attack, and has a powerful bull rush. He can rotate in with Cody this year and become our starting nose tackle next year when Cody becomes a free agent. Drafting Chapman also allows Wade to move Earl Mitchell to DE, where i think he will be more productive. Chapman is a solid tough player and while he won't make many plays on the ball carrier, he will open up gaps for our linebackers to make plays.
4. David Molk C Michigan- Molk won the Rimington Trophy for best center. I think that he could make the transition to guard and challenge Caldwell for the RG spot. He has a quick first step which is important in the ZBS. He also displayed his strength at the combine by benching 225 pounds 41 times. I think he can be very successful in our ZBS and can help replace Briesel at the RG spot and Chris Myers later down the road.
4b. Greg Childs WR Arkansas- Childs could have potentially been up there with Blackmon and Floyd if not for his injury. He's smooth in and out of his breaks and is a excellent route runner. He can go up and get the deep ball and has pretty good hands. He is a decent run blocker which is important in our offense and has soft reliable hands. He can be the fourth receiver behind Dre, Walter, and Jeffery and him and jeffery can really improve our WR corp.
5. Vontaze Burflict ILB Arizona state- I figured it was worth a late round pick to take a risk on this guy if he falls this far. Burflict went for a 1st round pick and being compared to ray lewis to having his stock drop because of the combine. He is big, athletic, and violent. It would be very hard to run up the middle with him and Cushing playing ILB. He has the natural instinct to find the football and is a very solid tackler. he is a high reward pick that can potentially be great if he puts the effort in.
6.Randy Bullock K A&M- He was one of the most accurate kickers in 2011, making 29-33 field goals. While he can't replace Rackers ability to tackle people on kickoffs, i don't think there would be much of a drop off from Rackers to Bullock.
7. Case Keenum QB Houston- A developmental QB for Kubiak to groom. He shattered many NCAA records. Keenum can be a decent backup and i think the texans should draft him if he's still available. He is pretty accurate but some say he lacks arm strength. He can replace Leinart and become our 3rd string QB behind Schaub and Yates.